Business continuity planning (or business continuity and resiliency planning) is the process of creating systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats to a company. An organization’s resistance to failure is “the ability … to withstand changes in its environment and still function”. Often called resilience, it is a capability that enables organizations to either endure environmental changes without having to permanently adapt, or the organization is forced to adapt a new way of working that better suits the new environmental conditions.
Before the Coronavirus crisis, we were discussing and planning what will happen if computers will stop working. Today, humans cant go to the office for working, not computers. Yes, this crisis we will make us work harder about business continuity plannings.
What do we need to keep alive our business when working from home?
- Call Center: Stay connected to your Office Call center. Be-able to receive incoming calls, transfer your line and still use it as it was in your office. Even better have all your clients’ contact details wherever you are.
- Team Collaboration: From home, how you will speak and collaborate with your colleagues? You will need an easy way to share your desktop, collaborate and in association to edit a word/excel document. At the same time, you must be able to participate in your daily or weekly company meetings.
- Meetings and Presentations with more than two persons: There is no need to make live meet for presenting my products or services. I will invite you and through an online video meeting, I will accomplish my goal even dressed officially.
- Secure Remote Desktop Connections: The safest way to use your client-server application, your entire office desktop without losing the capabilities of printing. You may choose where you will print, locally or no.
- Server Shared Files, Emails, and Calendars: Wherever you are, under any security level you may use your office files anytime without losing any collaboration capabilities. This is maybe the Awesome part of today’s techs.
These are what we need for keeping our business alive when working from home or our country house. Todays’ technologies are giving the solution that we need. the only consideration, the only question that maybe will stay could be:
Can I trust my employees that they will have so many corporate data available offline?
There are a lot of answers and methods for securing your corporate data. The question is, are you sure that until today they didn’t have a copy of them?